Cajun Vocabulation is a dictionary and pronunciation guide for one of the major dialects of Cajun French. Author Gordon J.
Voisin interviewed more than one hundred native speakers in order to create this unique cultural artifact. He not only presents the basics of the language; he does so without sacrificing any of the zest and humor for which Cajuns are famous. The words are written phonetically, so even those with little knowledge of Cajun French will quickly learn to approximate its unique sound. Engage with a vital and colorful part of American heritage with Cajun Vocabulation.
Lesson Tricky vocabulary, Cajun expressions, and recounting | LearnZillion
Some parents can act like animals or machines. You all would not have guessed some of these. Some imitative words are more surprising than others. How to use a word that literally drives some people nuts.
The awkward case of 'his or her'. Test your knowledge of words related to the season of longer days and vacations. Test your visual vocabulary with our question challenge! Cajun noun.
- Animal Rights!
- Backstage in the Novel: Frances Burney and the Theater Arts.
- Isitoqs Hound?
- Get Our Online App Edition!.
- Cajun Vocabulation by Gordon J. Voisin.
Cajun adjective. First Known Use of Cajun Noun , in the meaning defined above Adjective , in the meaning defined at sense 1. History and Etymology for Cajun Noun alteration of Acadian. Learn More about Cajun.
- John Steinbeck Unit Study?
- Cajun Vocabulation.
- Because You Love Me.
- Historias secretas de Córdoba (Spanish Edition).
- Join our email list and download our Cajun Language Cards for FREE!.
Resources for Cajun Time Traveler! Explore the year a word first appeared. Statistics for Cajun Look-up Popularity.
- Cajun | Definition of Cajun by Merriam-Webster.
- Gli amori pastorali di Dafni e di Cloe (Italian Edition)!
- Divided We Fail: The Story of an African American Community That Ended the Era of School Desegregation.
- Cajun Folklife | 64 Parishes.
- Cajun Folklife.
More Definitions for Cajun.