NPR Choice page
See full terms and conditions and this month's choices. Tell us what you like, so we can send you books you'll love. Join our mailing list! Part of Daily Life in America in the s. Price may vary by retailer. About The Book.
One comment on “‘A Bundle of Sticks is Strong: Rooting for the Home Team’”
About The Author. Zachary Chastain. Product Details. Resources and Downloads. He often plays games on his iPod on trains, trusting me to tell him when we've reached our stop. With this trip came a new level of responsibility for both Dan -- who had never been a parent -- and Ethan. It occurred to me that maybe this was a gift.
- Holy Celestial Church: The Geo Firefly!
- root / rout / route | Common Errors in English Usage and More | Washington State University.
- Experience and Nature.
- High (Secondary School) Grades 11 & 12 - Math - Co-ordinate Geometry and Graphs - Ages 16-18 - eBook.
- Corporate Risk Management: Theory and Practice (Columbia Business School Publishing).
- root / rout / route;
Guys bond watching games together, but how deep does it go? Dan and Ethan were more like the team members than the other spectators.
- In this Book!
- Why Rooting for Your Team Makes Your Brain Feel Good – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic;
- Sports in the 1800s.
- Rooting for the Home Team () - IMDb;
They had to strategize and confer and really depend on each other. I shared my insight with Dan but he knew all this already. During the game, I had lunch with a friend then spent some time writing. I felt calm about the guys and connected to them even before they called to assure me that they were safely in their seats.
- Rooting for the Home Team eBook by Zachary Chastain | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster.
- All at Sea on the Ghost Ship.
- Treasured Dreams;
- Forensics 102 : Another Friendly Primer for Writers (Forensics for Writers).
- The Metaphysics of Evolution: Evolutionary Theory in Light of First Principles.
- Root for | Definition of Root for at yxicavicox.ml!
They phoned again to tell me the game had gone into extra innings, and finally to say that it was over and I should head into the city to meet them for dinner. We met in front of a bookstore in Greenwich Village. When I got there, Ethan was swinging a souvenir bat. In an instant, they were talking over each other, describing how both teams pitched no-hitters most of the afternoon and how the Yankees then pulled off a surprise win in the tenth inning. It happened to be bat day , the one time a year when they give out free bats to kids.
The science behind rooting for the home team
I loved seeing them like this. Flushed and excited and lit with pride. I felt proud myself, having brought this winning team together. It really felt like we were a family, and in that moment I saw the poetry in Dan's choice for their first solo outing.
Baseball, the one sport where the ultimate goal is getting to home. Ona lives in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania.
Data Protection Choices
Her son Ethan is a college freshman. Comments Wonderful story! Posted by Jessica on Jun 2, Ona, this is beautiful! Posted by Gabrielle Selz on Jun 2, I just love this one! Congrats to the whole team. This one's got suspense, too--you had me rooting for them all the way.
Posted by Hettie Jones on Jun 8, Comments are now closed for this piece. Literary Mama writing about the many faces of motherhood. Columns: Doing it Differently. Ona Gritz May Now don't forget, follow the signs that say downtown when you head home. My reader told me we've got good seats.